Ptolemy, Copernicus, and Aristotle
Khan Academy: Radioactive Decay
(Thursday, January 17th)
* Read this article: www.tinyurl.com/maizecollision
* Respond to the article by writing at least half a page about how the world will be different once continents reconnect. Also, on the same sheet of paper, draw a picture of how the Kansas landscape could look after the collision.
Old Homework Assignments
Moon Phase Simulator (University of Nebraska)
Astronomy Study Guide
Old Assignments* Check out this website to complete the graphic organizer you received in class called "A Star Is Born": http://lasp.colorado.edu/education/outerplanets/solsys_star.php
* Complete graphic organizer
* Look at this video (15 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AcDbsDmTk
* Then, write down the definition of the Parallax Effect (you can look this up). Also, look at each picture and go one-by-one to explain how each is an example of parallax... so, on your paper, you should have SEPARATE explanations for the Beatles picture, President Kennedy picture, etc.
Finding Tsunami Travel Distances
http://www.chemical-ecology.net/java/lat-long.htm To find distances between points in km
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=ll&authuser=0 Google maps
* Go to http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/tsunami2.html and read about how tsunamis form. Also, read about the Boxing Day Tsunami on this website. http://www.tinyurl.com/mshstsunami
Be ready for a quick quiz over the information!